Today, the medical industry is using medical audiovisual aids extensively. These audiovisual tools are used for various purposes and assist the healthcare professionals to carry out their work efficiently. Audiovisual technology is a breakthrough in technology and has revolutionized the way audiovisual aid is used for various purposes. Medical audiovisual aids include but are not limited to the following:
1. Audiovisual Interpupillary System or PIS: This PIS is a system that is used to create a three dimensional image of the patient’s face. This helps the doctors and the nurses to easily assess the medical conditions and identify any abnormalities. Based on a series of images, the physician can immediately provide the required treatment and refer the patient to other specialist for further examination. This helps the medical practitioners to perform their task smoothly and identify the problem quickly.
2. Ultrasound: An ultrasound is used for various medical audiovisual aids such as vascular ultrasound, vascular-cranial ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasound guided ultrasound. This tool enables the medical practitioner to locate the problems faster and accurately. The instrument also enables the physician to determine the type of disease and modifies the treatment accordingly. Besides this, it also assists the doctors to remove unwanted tissue or take out organs as per the requirements.
3. Electronic Medical Records or EMR: This is a computerized platform that stores medical records electronically. This helps in the proper documentation and storing of the patient’s medical history. This technology is very helpful for any type of healthcare facility. However, before the introduction of EMR, every practice had to create paper-based patient files, which were difficult to maintain. Another disadvantage was that patients often did not know the date when their records were updated, which resulted in inaccurate records.
4. Video Scanners: Nowadays, there are high-tech video scanners available for use in hospitals. This technology is useful in detecting any abnormalities or any signs of potential problems in a patient during the assessment process. A large number of doctors choose video scanners because they can easily see and recognize any potential problems with a patient even before an illness has been diagnosed. This helps the doctors to take appropriate action before the disease has reached its full course.
4. Ultrasonic Biomassage: Ultrasonic biometry is another form of medical audiovisual aids. This is mainly used for evaluating the lung functioning of a person. This helps the doctors to monitor the oxygenation and the efficiency of the human body. By measuring the amount of carbon dioxide and the amount of oxygen in the blood, doctors can easily evaluate the health of the patient and recommend effective treatment methods.
6. Medical Software: These machines include software that helps doctors in analyzing different types of health-related images and then making correct diagnosis. There are a wide variety of software, which can be used by different physicians depending on their level of experience. This software includes computerized tomography (CT) scanners, computerized ultrasound (CAT Scanning) machines, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines and ultrasound gel imaging (EGL). These audiovisual aids have made it easier for doctors to make accurate diagnoses and then they can offer effective treatment procedures to their patients.
A large number of audiovisual aids are now available in the market. They can be used by any medical professional as long as he or she has undergone special training. The number of medical audiovisual systems is increasing every year. This is because they help medical experts in their jobs. Therefore, if you are planning to purchase one for your use at home or in the office, you should ensure that you buy a device that has all the features that are important for your particular work situation.